Palm Pre Forwarding
Palm Pre Modem Forwarding
It is possible to forward the Pre's modem to your host computer via a usb network connection.
Then you can access the Pre's modem (running WebOS) from your host computer using msmcommd and mdbus2.
- Cross-compile the serial_forward utility (git.freesmartphone.org) for the Pre (using OpenEmbedded or another cross-toolchain) and copy it over
- Enable usbnet on the Pre:
- Connect to the Pre using novaterm:
- Stop the TelephonyInterfaceLayer:
- Reset the modem:
- Run serial_forward, to forward the modem to you host computer:
./serial_forward -n /dev/modemuart -p 3001 -t hsuart
- On your host computer configure the usbnet interface:
ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.1
- Install libmsmcomm, msmcomm-specs and msmcommd
- Change the connection settings in msmcommds config (/etc/msmcommd.conf) to look like this:
[connection] # Which type of connection we should use to connect to the modem: network, serial type = serial path = /dev/modemuart # If you want to connect to the modem over a network link you should use the # configuration below type = network ip = 192.168.0.202 port = 3001
- Start msmcommd:
- Install mdbus2 or any other DBus debugging tool
- Issue the following DBus commands, to setup the modem:
org.msmcomm /org/msmcomm org.msmcomm.Management.Reset org.msmcomm /org/msmcomm org.msmcomm.Management.Initialize org.msmcomm /org/msmcomm org.msmcomm.Misc.TestAlive org.msmcomm /org/msmcomm org.msmcomm.SIM.VerifyPin "PIN1" "1234" org.msmcomm /org/msmcomm org.msmcomm.State.ChangeOperationMode "ONLINE"